Friday, March 19, 2010

Daily Morning Prayers

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Oh Creator of all thing; help me. For this day, I go out into the world naked and alone and without Your hand to guide me, I will wander far from the path which leads to success and happiness.

I ask not for gold or garments or even opportunities equal to my ability; instead, guide me so that I may acquire ability equal to my opportunities.

You taught the lion and the eagle how to hunt and prosper with teeth and claws. Teach me how to hunt with words and prosper with love so that I may be a lion amongst men and an eagle in the market place.

Help me to remain humble, through obstacles and failures; yet hide not from mine eyes the prize that will come with victory.

Assign me tasks to which others have failed; yet guide me to pluck the seed of success from their failures. Confront me with fears that will temper spirits, yet endow me with courage to laugh at my misgivings.

Spare me sufficient days to reach my goals; yet help me to live this day as though it may be my last.

Guide me my words that may bear fruit; yet silence me from gossips that none be maligned.

Discipline me in the habit of trying and trying again; yet show me the way to make use of the law of averages. Favor me with alertness to recognize opportunity; yet endow me with patience, which will concentrate on my strength.

Bathe me in good habits that the bad ones may drown; yet grant me compassion for weakness in others. Suffer me to know all things shall pass; yet help me to count my blessings of today.

Expose me to hate so that it not be a stranger; yet fill my cup with love to turn strangers into friends.

But all these things be only if Thy will. I am but a small and lonely grape clutching the vine yet Thou hast made me different from all others. Verily, there must be a special place for me. Guide me. Help me. Show me the way.

Let me become all You planned for me when my seed was planted and selected by You to sprout in the vineyard of the world.

Help this humble slave.

Help me Allah.


Wa sallallahu alaihi wasallam wal hamdu lillahi Rabbil 'alamin
May the blessings and the peace of Allah be upon him (Muhammad) and all praise for Allah, the Sustainer of the worlds.


Photo Credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment