Thursday, March 11, 2010

Earn BIG money by logging in Facebook.

Once again, the infamous call of making BIG money is here. I don't know if it is universal, or just simply a challenge (problem) face by the Malays in Singapore. Though I do see it everywhere, even in US. I guess its  universal.

There we have images of purported "Bank Statements" or "Accounts" showing money credited and growing exponentially. Starts with $100, then $110, then $150 and suddenly, $1,500 then $15,000 after 6 months. I mean I could just get rich staring at my laptop daily.

I remember, a short while back, a friend approach me. To give you a brief background, he was from an insurance company in Singapore. The key word is once. When I met him, he has quit as an insurance adviser. I'm still at it, till today.

Excitedly he told me of an investment scheme that gives a fantastic rewards. Does "Swisscash" ring a bell? The scheme seemed to give guaranteed return, and at the end of the year, your money will have doubled. Something to that effect, if I can recall correctly.

Showed me his "internet bank statements" of his "investment growth" and said he has exercised his due diligence. How? By putting in his own money and tracking the growth and it showed.

Not again, I thought. I try to game him. Its always fun to do that.

"So how do you pay or put in the money?"

"Through Paypal, you have an account right, you are always good in IT", Ah, the flattery. Flattery gets you nowhere with me.

"How can they give such a high return? How do they do it?"

"Through investments!" he looked at me incredulously. "Why they can give you high returns is because they operate on the web (images of TRON appears in my mind), no office rental to pay, so you can reap better profits" How magnanimous of them.


Straight Talk - Stock Market
Uploaded by senatork. - Sitcom, sketch, and standup comedy videos.

I followed with a look of bewilderment. That hooked him.

"Let me show you the website," He switched on his laptop and went online:

Through the magic of web archiver, this is Swisscash. Looks professional isn't it.

"I thought you said they don't have an office? Why are they in an office setting?"

"This is just for show only" The irony of words. He didn't catch it. At this point I was just getting bored with it and simply had to end the meeting. All in all it was a full-bore scam.

True enough a couple of months, the "company" disappeared together with the monies. Just for those who still thinks Swisscash is legitimate click here.

How do you know that it can be a scam? If its too good to be true, then it is. Do your research throughly. You have the Internet at your fingertips,  use it, instead of just playing social games.

And now we have the same thing here on Facebook.

When will we ever going to learn that riches comes from passionate hard work, not just simply paying a certain amount, then hopefully it will sell by itself to another and another, and another.

You just got to put in the effort my friends and the service or product really adds value to the other person. Basic rule of sales 101.

Photo Credits:
1st Photo "Money" by aresauburn™ under a Creative Commons License.
2nd Photo "Cheating Cheaters and the Cheaters Who Love Them" by Mr Stein under a Creative Commons License.

No comments:

Post a Comment