Sunday, February 14, 2010

Checking autopost on Posterous

Oh what the hell. I'm just tired. Just email post it posterous and let it update everywhere. Until I figure it how it works.

I have managed to link my Facebook, Twitter account into Gmail {image 1}. Connected my Buzz to 4 sites {image 2}. On Buzz got 3 followers. Those who want to follow me on Buzz feel free. Maybe later I'll write the step-by-step on how to connect your online life.

Buzz is interesting. They could have added more support for other social sites like Digg, Facebook and a whole lot of others. Its just like gmail when it first went online. I believe it will evolve given time. Just look at gmail. Its my main contact point. In a day I can received numerous email.

I nearly went crazy until I discovered filters and labels. Right now my emailed is filtered to 96 labels. Only those important ones are in my inbox (like from work and your significant others, friends), they rest just went into the labels.

It doesn't clogged up my inbox, and I can read the others at a more convenient time. I do not know about you, I find an empty inbox therapeutic, and with all unread emails slotted into the appropriate label.

I like the Google Wave though I find it complex. The average user would probably get lost in it, heck some can't even find their way around emails.

One tip for those who loved to email or forward to lots of people. Do not use the [To:] field, instead use the [Bcc:] field. It means Blind Carbon Copy. You can put 100 names into it and the guy who received the email wouldn't know who you sent it to. The [To:] field will show everyone else email address.

My wife would probably be lost in this. All she wants is a START button in the middle of the screen. Click it and it will ask what you want to do. Then it will activate the appropriate application. How it saved the file and what it does its up to the OS to manage.

That would be nice.

Posted via email from Gazali's Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment