Thursday, February 18, 2010

Multi Level Marketing

Cont...........................................................................................................................................

The other thing, detractors always point out is that MLM products are expensive. Expensive is a relative term. To a person earning $10,000, $100 is pocket change. For someone who earns $1000, $100 is a sizable amount. What I am saying is that, if you think it is expensive, its expensive. Don't look at the price, instead look at its value.

To me Crocs shoes are over priced. I still don't get it why people buy, basically a pair of plastic, made in China, where I can have a better quality shoe for the same price.

In every profession, there are bad apples. Do you think there are no rotten lawyers, cops, doctors, judges? Of course there are. Same with sales, sometimes these people get on my nerves, that doesn't mean they are all the same.

MLM companies claim their products are the very best. Of course, why not? Did BMW claimed their cars are the best? What about Porsche? Mercedes? Did you recently go to a restaurant and it claimed its dish is the best? There is nothing wrong with that. What about you? Do you have a best product? As a consumer, it is up to you to judge.

Some MLM companies claim that you need only to work once and everything else will be self-generating income for life. That is of course, not true. If they claimed it, then run. In every profession, you can be the top guy, provided you work for it. Let me say it again, you must work for it to be at the top. There are no shortcuts or magic spells to it.

So is MLM that bad or is it a harmless marketing strategy.

It all boils down to you.

If you liked the product, then buy it, tell your MLM friend that you only interested in the product. A good company will have the option for you just to purchase just the product.

Avoid those that require you to pay a huge sum of money up front. They should have something less than $200 for you to start off it.

A long time ago, I happened to have a meeting with a Caucasian man, at a hotel cafe in Singapore. He was promoting a multi-level scheme. Back then I didn't know what it was all about. Guess what products he was trying to sell, cosmetics. Yes cosmetics use by ladies. I told him that I do not know a thing about cosmetics. He said no problem, just introduce it to my girlfriend or wife, mother. The other thing, he said I need to purchase a starter kit, consisting of a range of products which cost $5,000.

In a flash I was out of the hotel.

Surprisingly, now some people still fall for it. They paid something like $5,000 or so, to start off. Maybe they thought it would be "self-generating" income.

If you really believe in the spiel, then do your research. Ask about the products, what goes into it, tested by whom and ask for the compensation plan. It must be simple. If your upline or friend can't explain it properly, then I would suggest you not get into it. If your friend can't explain it, do you think you can?

If the company requires you to go to meetings over and over again, or ask you to buy tapes, books or so called "success resources", avoid them. You will end up with tons of materials and it will end up in your closet.

The key to MLM is duplication. It must be simple to duplicate. I stress the word SIMPLE. If you didn't find it simple, how on earth would your next sponsor be able to do it?

When you go on the web, sometimes you see websites, proclaiming to let you earn thousands, if not tons of money, just by buying their product. You must understand what are you selling.

I have someone who tried to sell me a website where I can recruit other people to sell websites. So I asked him, what exactly am I going to sell to people. Membership to a website where you can put up your own stuff and get others to do the same. Isn't that plain ridiculous. I have to come up with an upfront fee, pay monthly fees for the same website that repeated over and over again, same content, only the names are different. The important point is, is it SIMPLE?

I can go to Go Daddy and get a cheap domain name with hosting.

The choice is yours. Just do your homework before committing.

And remember, you have to work on it to get it working for you.

Me? I'm just happy to buy some of their products.

Posted via email from Gazali's Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment