Saturday, July 31, 2010

Post by email in Blogger and Posterous

Looks like Posterous handles post by email better. The video didn't appear in Blogger.

Here's the video:

There was a double entry. Maybe I included post@posterous.com and twitter+facebook@posterous in Blogger. Anyway, I have erased the first email notification in Blogger.

My twitter as well as Facebook was updated. In Facebook, Posterous have an app and it appeared immediately.

I think nothing beats Posterous for post by email. One entry by email in Posterous, updates my:
  • Blogger Blog,
  • Twitter,
  • Google Buzz,
  • Flickr (For Photos),
  • Youtube (For videos),
  • FriendFeed,
  • LinkedIn, and,
  • Facebook Fanpage.
Of course I can also include my Wordpress Blog at Wordpress.com. At the moment, I decided not too. 

Its a real time saver. And I also liked the fact that the views run into hundreds.

Instant gratification. I do not know who sees the post. And as time goes by, the views keep on increasing.

Oh, by the way, WordPress.com can do audio post. I just need to call a US number, key in my code and talk on the phone. Something like leaving a voice mail. All I need to do is pay for the charges to US from Singapore.

I'm using a callback service, so its quite affordable. It cost me only about 7.6 Singapore cents per minute. Its like leaving a voice mail. Would it be useful? I would think so. It just give you another avenue to post.

Maybe you your laptop battery is flat, or you lost it, or there is no internet connection. Or something that happen fast. You can just phone in your post. Isn't that interesting.

So far I don't think it can be done on self-hosted Wordpress yet. though I managed to download the mp3. Its like giving a Podcast.  The file is attached, if you want to listen to it.

Wordpress can also be updated by email, though I've not tried the service yet. Maybe next time.

Isn't technology cool when you know how to make use of it.

So overall, Posterous makes it simple to update all your social networks. Though other blogging platform have its purposes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment