Sunday, August 8, 2010

Apples vs Oranges

icons_blogging_platforms_links_social_networks
Image by Peter Čuhalev via Flickr
Posterous vs Wordpress vs Blogger

How do you compare blogging platforms?

What about Typepad, Blogger, Tumblr, Ning to name a few. 

Is one better that the other?

I have a self hosted Wordpress, where I can do this: A bar on top of any link.

I have Wordpress.com account. It's another blog.

Its there because of Akismet and I have to have the API key.

I have another blog in Blogger.
  1. Posterous for quick updates via email.
  2. Journeyman Journeys for expanded content.
  3. Articles posted in Journeyman Journeys get autoposted to Posterous.
  4. Posterous autopost to other social networks including the two other blogs.
  5. Posterous does not autopost to Journeyman Journeys.
  6. Blogger does not autopost to Posterous.
Get it?

To me Posterous is like a scooter, it gets me around fast and my self-hosted Wordpress is like a car, carries more and far more convenient.

Both still get me to my destination: Which is to reach out to more readers.

There, can you tell which platform is the best or better?

What about Squidoo? where does it fit?

It's all up to you. Hosted or Self-hosted.

Or just use Facebook as your blog or even Twitter.

Blogging boundaries have just been blurred.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Blog: Journeyman Journeys
FanPage: Facebook FanPage
Related articles on the net
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment